About the Position:
The main function of the Connecticut Programs Coordinator (CPC) is to assist the Connecticut VP (CVP), Cameron Cunningham, in the successful management of Capital Good Fund’s Hartford office. This position will require a great deal of flexibility as the Hartford office continues to grow in both client base and funding. You will be based in Hartford with occasional travel to our New London and Providence bases of operation.
We are seeking a driven, socially minded and autonomous individual to join our Connecticut team. As the CPC, you will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of our three services: Lending, Financial Coaching (FC) and VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance: free tax preparation to qualified individuals). This position will require mostly indirect service responsibilities; however, you will be trained to provide direct service, such as Coaching and loan processing, as well.
Indirect Service Responsibilities:
• Oversee day-to-day VITA operations
- Hire and manage VITA volunteers (including Site Coordinators)
- Work with CVP to ensure quality control of sites in both Hartford and New London counties
• Oversee day-to-day FC operations
- Hire and manage Financial Coaching Fellows
- Hire and manage a scheduling intern
- Work with CVP to ensure quality control of Financial Coaching sessions
• Oversee day-to-day Lending operations
- Hire and manage lending interns
- Work with CVP to ensure quality control of lending process
• Assist in recruitment of clients, via:
- Working with nonprofit partners
- Working with schools and employers to recruit parents and employees
Direct Service Responsibilities: (when necessary):
• Provide one-on-one Financial and Health Coaching sessions with clients.
• Offer free tax preparation to clients.
• Collect and process loan applications and conduct closings with clients.
Conversational to fluent Spanish is required, as many of our clients are solely Spanish speaking. Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required. If you are flexible, autonomous and a self-starter you will excel in this position.
Training, Compensation and Hours:
This will be a part-time position at 25 hours per week. There will be opportunity to move into a full-time position as the office grows.
The hourly wage will be $18, with weekly gross pay of $450. Benefits include: health and dental insurance, 401(k), cell phone, parking stipend and a technology stipend.
You will receive substantial training in CGF’s data systems and program processes.