The Financial Coaching Officer is responsible for the management and quality review of the financial coaching program. The success of our coaching programs depends upon our staff’s ability to market our curriculum to the community and build relationships with key stakeholders. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Oversee financial coaching fellows, including recruitment and training
- Schedule and follow up with clients
- Conduct quality control by shadowing sessions and conducting client check ins
- Market CGF financial coaching in order to attract more clients, most notably through partnership maintenance
- Increase use of our online Coaching Portal among our partners
- Handle all inquiries about Financial Coaching
- Facilitate fellow community through workshops, trainings, speaking events, and social event
- Managing and training Financial Coaches: 40%
- Quality control of coaching: 10%
- Scheduling and onboarding of new clients: 10%
- Partnership development and new client recruitment: 40%
He or she must:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be able to empathize with people of different backgrounds
- Thrive in a start-up environment and learn quickly.
- Be extremely outgoing, passionate about ending poverty, eager to work hard and change lives, etc.
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience in financial services
- Management experience
- Background in economics or business
- Experience working in low-income/distressed communities
The Financial Coaching Officer will receive extensive training on all of CGF’s systems and loans, including coaching curriculum points such as how to read a credit report, build a debt management plan, etc. Curriculum knowledge will be reinforced and practiced by working with several clients in the initial month of hiring. Lastly, the Financial Coaching Officer will shadow the Director of Coaching until he or she is comfortable with the role.
CGF provides all employees with a cell phone, bus pass and a small technology stipend.
Start Date: November 19th 2015