This is an opening for a loan officer position with a rapidly-growing and innovative social change organization. The position requires a high amount of travel, with a division of days between Good Fund’s Providence, Woonsocket and Central Falls locations, subject to change. The primary objective of the Loan Officer is to close 25 small personal loans each month, for Emergency and Immigration purposes, such as vehicle repair or applying for U.S. citizenship.
In this role, the Loan Officer will:
- Handle loan inquiries
- Follow up with clients and convey loan decisions to applicants
- Market our lending products as an alternative to payday loans and other predatory services
- Work with clients to get delinquent accounts back on track
- Connect borrowers with our Financial Coaching program and other community resources
- Report on the performance of the program and on client trends
- Change lives!
We are looking for exceptional people. Capital Good Fund employees are passionate, motivated and committed to using financial services to transform the lives of people living in poverty.
- Possess excellent communication skills in English and Spanish
- Be able to empathize with people of different backgrounds
- Be detail and process oriented and extremely responsible
- Thrive in a start-up environment and learn quickly
- Be able to work independently and be a self-starter
- Be responsible and proactive in addressing and solving issues
- Experience in, or understanding of, financial services and consumer credit
- Experience working in low-income/distressed communities
Training, and Compensation
The Loan Officer will receive extensive training on all of Good Fund’s systems and loan products. Additionally, the Loan Officer will be trained on how to read a credit report and review bank statements, as well as other documentation. Lastly, the Loan Officer will shadow a current Loan Officer until he or she is comfortable in the role.
This is a full-time, forty-hour-per-week position. The Loan Officer will earn an annualized base salary of $36,000. In addition, the Loan Officer will receive a competitive benefits package that includes a cell phone, bus pass, medical and dental insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan. We are looking for the Loan Officer to start as soon as possible.
How To Apply
Please address the following in your cover letter:
- Describe a long-term project that you are proud of, and how you have benefited from that project.
- Why Capital Good Fund? What interests you the most about this position?