About the Position:
The Development Assistant (DA) will work with CGF’s Executive Director and Executive Team to raise funds through grants, donations and other activities, as well as to build a robust development infrastructure, policies and procedures, etc. As CGF grows, so do its fundraising needs; the DA’s role is to research, organize, write and follow up on grants, individual donor appeals and other fundraising needs. The primary aim of the DA is to play a supporting role as the Executive Director ensures that the funds the organization needs are raised, as well as to create the systems and culture of development needed to sustain growth in the long-term.
As a Development Assistant you will:
• Research and prioritize new grant opportunities
• Speak to potential funders so as to introduce CGF and understand the funder’s aims
• Draft, edit and submit grant applications
• Manage the fundraising schedule, ensuring that letters of inquiry, grants and project progress updates are submitted on-time
• Maintain communication with grant program officers
• Help to process individual donations by writing thank you letters and entering donations into Salesforce.com (CGF’s data system)
• Strategize with the ED to create new fundraising approaches
• Work with the Systems Team to develop policies, procedures, reports and other databases needed to track and report on fundraising activities
We are looking for exceptional people. CGF employees are passionate, motivated and committed to using financial services to change the lives of families living in poverty.
A background in grant writing is not required, but appreciated; we value a diverse set of skills and experiences. We require that our employees have an entrepreneurial and social change mindset, and are willing to commit themselves fully to the position. Perhaps most importantly, we look for people that hold themselves to a high standard of excellence. Excellent writing and research skills are a must.
Training and compensation:
You will receive substantial training in CGF’s data systems and grant processes.
CGF provides all employees with a cell phone, bus pass, and, if needed, a subsidy towards the purchase or upgrade of a laptop or tablet. This position is through AmeriCorps VISTA, which comes with a $11,796/ year living allowance, $5,645 educational award at the completion of the year, health coverage and, for those that are eligible, SNAP (food stamp) benefits. Lastly, CGF offers 0% APR loans of up to $2,000 to all employees for emergency needs.
Please visit the Corporation for National Service’s website at http://www.nationalservice.gov for more information on the VISTA program, compensation, benefits, etc.
About Capital Good Fund:
The mission of Capital Good Fund (CGF) is to provide financial services that create pathways out of poverty. We offer impoverished families one-on-one Financial and Health Coaching, loans of up to $2,000 and free tax preparation through the IRS VITA program. Since our founding in 2009 we have disbursed $560,000 in loans to 550 borrowers; provided Coaching to 1,000 families; and returned $1.9 million to the community in tax refunds.